Environment & Sustainability Commitment
Fitkyt LLC is committed to providing a safe and healthful environment for its employees, vendors and community and to managing the company in an ethical, environmentally sensitive and responsible manner.
We further recognize an obligation to demonstrate safety, environmental and ethical leadership by maintaining the highest standards and by serving as an example to our employees, vendors and community at large.
We ensure that all suppliers we work with share our commitment to good manufacturing practices, sustainability & ethics through our robust vendor qualification process.
We do this by:
- Interviewing Vendors
- Auditing facilities in person, where possible
- Ensuring that there are manufacturing and ethical audits completed by a reputable 3rd party if we are unable to audit personally
- Manufacturing audits ensure that appropriate safety measures and quality controls are in place, whereas ethical audits ensure ethical business practices
There are a variety of materials being used in our products, with a focus on sustainability throughout the supply chain:
- Yoga Products - Cork - Renewable, natural, biodegradable and sustainably sourced where possible.
- Fabric Bands - Cotton Elastic - The process to recycle this material into fabric is fairly new, however it can be recycled into other plastic materials.
- Jump Rope - Made from Steel & Plastic - These are some of the most versatile materials to recycle.
- Water Bottle - Made from 100% recycled aluminum.
- Personal Care Products - Glass/Plastic Recyclable Packaging, Locally sourced raw materials where possible.
- Resistance Bands - Rubber & Steel - Highly recyclable. Minor components made of nylon and foam - which are recyclable depending on if you have an appropriate facility at your disposal.
Our packaging materials (meaning the materials we use to ship products to our customers- boxes, filler, bubble wrap) - are made from eco-friendly/recycled materials and sourced only from reputable manufacturers with ethical business practices.